Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It's day 4 in Book Blogger Appreciation Week.  I know I said in an earlier post that I would post yesterday, but I had a lot on my mind and I was having a Ghost Whisperer marathon.  Anyway, on to my post.

Today's Topic: Sure we've all read about Freedom and Mockingjay but we likely have a book we wish would get more attention by book bloggers, where it's a forgotten classic or under marketed contemporary fiction.  This is your chance to tell the community why they should consider reading this book!

My forgotten treasure is a children's book!


THE MAGIC FARAWAY TREE
by Enid Blyton
1943

Jo, Bessie and Fanny take their cousin Rick on an adventure he'll never forget to the magic Faraway Tree, where he meets Moon-Face, Silky the fairy and Saucepan Man, and visits all the different lands at the top of the Faraway Tree. Like the Land of Spells, the crazy Land of Topsy-Turvy, and the land of Do-As-You-Please, where the children ride a runaway train!
---
I first read this book when I was in sixth grade when I borrowed it from a classmate.  The first few sentences and I was in love!  Imagine a tree in the middle of the forest where at the top of that tree there's a different land where you can visit and have grand adventures with.  I used to daydream about that tree and imagining the lands that I would like to visit.  I loved it so much but I had to return it.

I remembered it again when I was in high school and wanted to read it again.  Good thing my sixth grade classmate was a schoolmate and I hunted her down to borrow it again.

Now, year 2010, I wanted to read it again - that's how much I loved it - that I scoured for it and bought a copy.  

This book, which is a part of the Faraway Tree series, is a must-read for those who, in their childhood, loved to dream about faraway lands and have adventures, and for those who are still, like me, child at heart.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I used to read Enid Blyton as a kid! THis brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]