Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.


The BTT question of the week is:

Series? Or Stand-alone books?

Easy enough after that soul-bearing question last week.

Honestly, I don't really have any preference as long as it's a good story - I will continue reading the rest of the books in a series if the books preceding them are continuous, flows fluidly and do not frustrate me. There are books out there in a series that made go *aargghh* and regret ever buying them. 

Stand-alone books, on the other hand, are okay too. However, there are also stand-alone books, that I've read, that I wish have sequels. Though it's fun doing fanfiction stories about them. *lol*

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. You are right, a good story is essential too. I should maybe have mentioned that. If I don't like the first book then I won't continue with the series. If it's one book in the middle of a series I will try the next one just in case it's a one off but I would need to really love the series in the first place.

    There are also times when I have read a stand alone book and wish it had a sequel. I normally don't mind an open ending but sometimes you just want that little bit more, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely all about the story. If it's not good then I'm not going to love it whether or not it's a series or a stand-alone.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read both kinds, and there are some very different kinds of series - it can matter more or less whether you read them in order. my BTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing that we can actually have it all. Stand-alone or series, as long as they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, it is always stand-alone books. There are exceptions though. Check out those in my BTT: Headlines post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, this question was a breeze compared to last week lol. I was actually a few minutes late to work trying to answer it!

    I feel the same way, I just want a good story!

    Here's my answer:
    http://www.violethourbr.com/2011/03/booking-through-thursday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both, as long as it keeps your interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah! I like the idea of writing fanfic for the stand-alone story that you wish hadn't ended!

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]