Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

 Last year, I set the goal to read 100 books as part of the Goodreads Reading Challenge. And while I did complete that goal without resulting to adding the number of manga volumes I've read (unlike back in 2011 when I unashamedly included The Red River/Anatolia Story and Legend of Nereid), I am still not content with the number of books I've read given the number of books that has been languishing in the TBR pile and books that I want to read. Oh, I could come up with the usual excuses - busy with school, chores, or just plain not in the mood - but suffice it to say that those were not really good excuses at all, particularly the last one. 


I am joining the Goodreads Reading Challenge again this year and would still have a hundred books to read as my goal but I want to push past this and actually reach a hundred and ten... 
 

Okay, maybe it would be good if I just adjust my goal and there! Alright! 110 books it is.
____________________________________________________________


And I joined another reading challenge! 2013 A-Z Reading Challenge is hosted by Escape with Dollycas Into a Good Book.
This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2013.

You can join anytime.

Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!

It’s an alphabet challenge!!! The challenge is to read one book starting with every letter of the alphabet.

So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z Reading Challenge.

A - Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

OR

B -Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – The Azalea Assault B- Blue Monday C – Crops and Robbers D – A Deadly Grind etc.

Books can be read in any order and all formats – print – e-book – audio – are acceptable for this challenge!

The books read in this challenge would also count in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. My only problem then now is how and where could I find books with titles that begin with the letters Q, X, Y, and Z. Can we use the series title instead? Teehee. Please refer to the Challenges page to see a list of the books that I am going to read.
____________________________________________________________


It's amazing the amount of challenges you find when you're serious about finding these things. Anyway, the third challenge for 2013 woulld be the Book to Movie Challenge hosted by Katie of Doing Dewey... Yeah, I also laughed when I read that. I'm sorry! I blame my Portal sisters.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into. It’s a tough job, but someone has to let us book lovers know which movies are going to fulfill our dreams of watching our favorite books come to life and which movies are going to ruthlessly shatter those dreams!

To enter, just click through to the linky at the bottom of this post and link to a post on your blog mentioning the challenge and the challenge level you’re attempting. You can change challenge levels at any time and the challenge levels are as follows:

Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies
Movie Devotee - read 6 books and watch their movies
Movie Lover - read 9 books and watch their movies
Movie Aficionado - read 12 books and watch their movies
I am going to aim to be a Movie Devotee here or maybe a Movie Lover. Well, I've read all of the books that the movies I'm planning to watch are based from except for Beautiful Creatures and Les Miserables. Also, I'm going to include The Hobbit here since I'm going to watch it again in two weeks.

Cross fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]