Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.
---
Woohoo! New meme button. Actually, I made/changed the buttons I'm using for posting due to boredom and I didn't like the ones I made before. I'm also in the process of changing MY, that is, the blog's button/badge. Furthermore, expect the design of the blog to change again. Yep. I'm not really satisfied with the design now and, well, we do say that blogs continually evolve. I'm still tweaking everything.

Anyway, on to my WoW for the week!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Etiquette & Espionage
Gail Carriger
February 2013

Blurb from Goodreads:
It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.


I've read the first book in Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series and I loved it! Oh, but E & E is not till 2013! *sulks* Countdown begins...
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi there :) just popping in...

    This was my pick for my last WoW! It sounds great doesn't it, why does it have to be such a long wait???

    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaah! This sounds so good! I love Gail Carriger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so incredible. I can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]